North Korea Warns the US with Guam Threat Again Prior to US-South Korea Drills

0
74
https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/gettyimages-831561002.jpg

The North Korea is holding back from sending intimidating warnings to the US. This time, ahead of the US-South Korea drills, North Korea revived an old warning of launching the missiles towards Guam, a U.S. territory, if the US continues to make “reckless moves.



Things heated up earlier when US President Donald Trump issued a warning to North Korea against their plan to target the Pacific Island in August. Trump said that the North Korea will “face fire and fury like the world has never seen”. The statement came after it was assessed by the US intelligence that North Korea has successfully prepared a miniaturized nuclear warhead.

The latest warnings by the North Korea are of collateral nature. The last time North Korea issued a statement, it was brutal; this one, it’s even more appalling. The problem could further escalate when South Korea and the US joint naval exercises begin on Monday.

The KCNA report enlists all the threats and provocations that came from President Trump. Some of them include deployment of US nuclear submarines and even an aircraft carrier; while the latest one is the joint round of US-South Korea naval drills.



The aforementioned article explicitly ends with a clear warning that it’s the US that’s “pushing the situation on the peninsula to the point of explosion”.

As from the North Korea’s Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un, the plan to fire missiles to waters off Guam hasn’t been ruled out. Moreover, it’s probably that time that the threats issued by Pyongyang shouldn’t be taken as blusters anymore. North Korea’s latest message clearly means that the country is ready to carry provocative missile tests over Japan.

Trump seems to be undermining the situation as his remarks at the UN last month were clearly demeaning; threatening to “totally destroy” North Korea and calling the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un with names like “Rocket Man” and little “Little Rocket Man”.

North Korea’s Foreign Minister, Ri Yong Ho, didn’t hold back and responded to Trump’s degrading remarks, calling him “President Evil” and “mentally deranged”.  Ri also told the Russian state news agency that Trump has “lit the wick of War” and has ended all the possibilities of diplomatic relations between North Korea and the US.

According to TASS, Ri said, “The current situation — when the US resorts to maximum pressure and sanctions, to outrageous military threats against the DPRK — is not at all an atmosphere to negotiate”.



Whatever Ri says can’t be ignored now as He has been recently promoted to the top echelons of North Korea leadership.

Russian lawmaker, Anton Morozov, told RIA that Pyongyang is planning a test for a new long-range missile. According to RIA, Morozov said, “They even gave us mathematical calculations that they believe prove that their missile can hit the west coast of the United States”. “As far as we understand, they intend to launch one more long-range missile in the near future. And in general, their mood is rather belligerent,” he said.

Nothing is holding back North Korea and least the country cares about the sanctions. Over the last two years, North Korea has successfully conducted multiple nuclear tests. In fact, in the last three months, North Korea even conducted their most powerful nuclear test ever, launching two nuclear missiles over Japan.

It’s clear that whatever is coming from North Korea, it’s more than just a provocation.